Colorado is no longer just an early-stage ecosystem. Over the past 10 years, Colorado’s startup ecosystem has matured and, with it, venture capital investment, talent and secondary locations for Fortune 500 technology companies have followed.
Coinciding with this evolution, Colorado has seen a surge in advanced industries expertise, partnership & exit opportunities, spin-off startups & outside investment.
Here’s a glance:
- Capital invested in Colorado companies has grown 86% in the past five years, ranking Colorado in the top 10 for VC funding nationally
- Over the past 5 years, VC funding in Colorado has doubled
- Since 2016, the average Colorado Series A size has doubled – $5.9M to $10.5M
- Colorado-based early-stage investors grew by 50% over the past 5 years
- Colorado ranks #6 in the nation for total amount of VC Deals