Are you a founder raising capital for your startup? Trying to decide between raising money from angel investors or an early stage VC firm? We’ve assembled a list of angel investment groups in Colorado along with early-stage fundraising tips.
Tip: Did you know you can raise money from both angel investors and VC firms? If possible, the best practice is to fill your round with a combination of strategic angels and venture capital firms. As an example, if you’re building a product in cybersecurity, pitch industry thought-leaders and security mavericks who can offer strategic direction and introductions down the road.
Here’s a list of active angel investment groups in Colorado
- Seed Angel Forum: quarterly event connecting active angel investors with high quality entrepreneurs raising seed funding.
- Denver Angels: The group invests in 8-12 outstanding opportunities per year with a typical check size between $200,000 to $1,000,000 into the company.
- Rockies Venture Club: an angel group & educational community actively connecting investors with the most promising entrepreneurial companies
- Boulder Investment Group: hosts monthly events to pitch their members
- WestSlope Angels: Angels along the Western Slope
- SoCo Angels: the Southern Colorado Angel Community, bi-monthly pitch events
Here’s a list of the most active seed-stage vc firms in Colorado
(in order of investment frequency)
- Service Provider Capital (micro vc)
- Access Venture Partners (that’s us!)
- Matchstick Ventures
- GAN Ventures
- FirstMile Ventures
- Foundry Group
- Range Ventures
- SpringTime Ventures
- University of Colorado – Deming Center Venture Fund (student fund/micro vc)
- Colorado Impact Fund
- Greater Colorado Venture Fund (focus on rural Colorado)
- Innosphere Ventures
- Boulder Ventures
- Ensemble Ventures (health & wellness focused)
- Kokopelli Capital (micro vc)
For a full list of active early stage vc firms & angel groups in Colorado, check out this crowd-sourced list.